Basel, Switzerland Photo Diary

(Dress - Topshop, blazer - H&M, bag - Forever21, shoes - New Look, socks - Monki, sunglasses - QUAY Australia)
 
 
Acero Eiscafe courtyard 

 
The Rhine River 

 
Botanical Gardens 


One of my best friends and I decided to take a day trip to Basel before she headed on back to England. It was a nice warm fall day thankfully since we have a good track record for meeting up on days with the worst weather. The first place we went to was Acero for some lunch where she had a panini and I obviously had pie because that's an appropriate lunch dish right? We wandered around a bit and ended up in what I assume was the older part of town. It was just my luck that cupcake affair only served a vegan cupcake on Wednesdays and it was Tuesday so I got an espresso instead. We walked towards the botanical gardens and ended up at the University of Basel which was a lovely campus. From there we walked all the way over to the art museum passing the spectacular Basler Münster. Unfortunately they didn't let us take our phones into the Art museum but it was actually a lovely collection featuring a lot of Picasso, some Monet, Mondrian, Van Gogh amongst many many others. Overall I thought Basel was a quaint city but I have to be honest, it's not as great as Zürich!! I'm afraid no Swiss city can beat Zürich.

Comments

Popular Posts