Tenerife Photo Diary, Part 2 - Towns

House of balconies, La Orotava

 La Orotava, Tenerife

Vilaflor, Tenerife
Santa Cruz, Tenerife

The architecture in some of the older parts of Tenerife was absolutely beautiful and very colonial still. Maybe I just love the old antique look but I noticed a lot of old doors when I was there, I've always loved taking pictures of old and abandoned places because I love the eeriness and the history of it. Most of the door pictures were taken in La Orotava - an absolute must see! It is the most quaint and steep little town overlooking the ocean and the city of Puerto de la Cruz. If you follow me on snapchat (jjse13) you would have seen the balcony house and it's many manicans haha. It is however one of the biggest attractions, the House of Balconies is like stepping into an old colonial estate and a very cool museum worth visiting. As a vegan, eating around Tenerife was not that simple. They have a Canarian specialty called Papas arugardas which are potatoes boiled in salt water. So freaking good!! It normally is accompanied with two dipping sauces called 'mojo' which are green and red. The green mojo sauce is made with cilantro garlic and green pepper and the red sauce made with tomato, red pepper and garlic, both are ridiculously good I found a recipe here and I've tried making it myself already!

Comments

Popular Posts