Rome Photo Diary


Villa Borghese Park - Our hotel was north of the park so we crossed through it daily and I used the park as a backdrop for my last Think Pink OOTD.

  
The Pantheon - it is mind blowing to me that this incredible building was finished in 14 AD and rebuilt in 126 AD yet it still remains in such a beautiful state. Such extravagant folk those Ancient Romans!


aT Restaurant was a great place to eat near the Pantheon - especially if you're vegetarian or vegan like me it has a variety oh healthy food. The cool thing about this place was that at the end of the day they donated all the left over food to charity.

Piazza Navona 


 Thought this was a funny little poster I spotted walking around. I like when a simple illustration like this makes you think hard about how our society works. This illustration/idea is something I think about often, especially since going vegan and wanting to work in the fashion consumer industry. I think the solution to avoiding the monotony of the everyday is to find hobbies that make you happy and to search for a job that is stimulating and exciting and lastly, of course, to surround yourself with positive and inspiring people.
 
 
Castel Sant'Angelo 


 I feel like this photo is the essence of Italy - seriously. The old buildings, cobblestones, cute tables and chairs, flowers, old steps, bicycles. I love it!!
 
Villa Borghese Park  

 
The supposed place where Julius Caesar was murdered, Largo di Torre Argentina, is now a cat sanctuary - a must see if you're an animal lover! The ruins are home to 250 cats that are all homeless. They are vaccinated and fed on donations and while most keep to themselves some of them come up and say hello. The longer you stare at the ruins, the more cats you find camouflaged among them.  


Chiostro del Bramante is hosting an Escher exhibit at the moment so if you're in Rome you must go! M.C. Escher was one of the most incredible graphic artists that used his mathematical background to create illusions and what seems like impossible works of art. This man was a true genius. The museum offers entry for only 11 Euro which includes a free audio guide to explain how genius his work really is. The exhibition also included do it yourself illusions like the Escher mirror room. More info here.

 
Piazza Venezia 

 
The Colosseum - Rome's most famous attraction. It's building began in 70AD and the arena could seat in the tens of thousands of spectators that could come there to view all kinds of events such as gladiator fights or play performances.

 
Arco Di Costantino 


Rome was such an incredible city and I may have walked all over the city over the course of a few days but I still feel as if I saw just a glimpse of it. The thing about it is that there is so much incredible history in this city, that you could spend weeks discovering every building and ruin. Yet, unfortunately, most people (including me) only take the time to visit the main attractions. I visited back in December and not only was it perfect weather, there were no lines...anywhere!! I got into the Colosseum in less then 10 minutes so it makes me wonder why people bother in the heat of summer when the lines go in the thousands! The Vatican and Vatican museum - which will be my next photo diary - had no line at all! Overall I had a lovely time and I definitely plan to go back to see more of this ancient city.



















Comments

Popular Posts